eg. 1. 可以尝试把句中的表语转换为不同的修饰语。
Weak: The trees are bare. The grass is brown. The landscape seems drab.
Revision: The brown grass and bare trees form a drab landscape. (转换为前置定语)
Or: The landscape, bare and brown, begged for spring green. (转换为并列结构作后置定语
eg. 2. 细节控：将作表语用的形容词或名词变为行为动词
1) Weak: The team members are good players.
Revision: The team members play well.
2) Weak: One worker's plan is the elimination of tardiness.
Revision: One worker's plan eliminates tardiness.
eg. 3. 在以“here”或“there”开头的句子汇总，把“be”动词后的名词代词变成改写句的主语。
Weak: There is no opportunity for promotion.
Revision: No opportunity for promotion exists.
1) Weak: The organization has been supported by charity.
Revision: Charity has supported the organization.
2) Weak: The biscuits were stacked on a plate.
Revision: Mother stacked the biscuits on a plate.
eg. 5. 防止使用语意冗长累赘的词语。
1) Weak: My little sister has a preference for chocolate milk.
Revision: My little sister prefers chocolate milk.
2) Weak: We are in receipt of your letter and intend to follow your recommendations.
Revision: We have received your letter and intend to follow your recommendations.
eg. 6. 杜绝滥用陈旧词语或难懂的专业术语。
Weak: They will not agree to his proposals in any shape or form.
Revision: They will not agree to any of his proposals.